Every time I called the web service it returned an error
Could not establish trust relationship for SSL/TLS secure channel
The binding and endpoint configuration in the client and the server were OK and i could even make the service call successfully through soapUI (a free tool to test web services).
In the end, since the certificate was self signed, and not on my machine, I had to install the certificate in my machine for the call to work.
Install certificate using Windows:
- - open Internet explorer
- - open the service site
- - click on the red "Certificate error" box right next to the address bar
- - choose view certificates
- - install certificate
- - next, select "Place all certificates in the following store"
- - Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities
- - accept everything and you're done.